Our commitment to achieving Net Zero
Spherica Business Solutions Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Current Emissions Reporting
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 40,14 tCO2e by 2026. This is a reduction of 20% against the Base year.
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon reduction projects
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2018 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these Schemes equate to 2.84 tCO2e, a 5.7 % reduction against the 2018 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives:
- Obtained a Carbon Footprint Appraisal report which was prepared in accordance with Part 1 of ISO 14064: 2018
- Use of home working where possible and use of remote meetings, monitoring the use of essential travel going forwards, encouraging theuse of sustainable alternatives
- Education to staff on energy-saving practices in the workplace and energy-efficient drivingbehaviours to encourage behavioural changes that will reduce emissions
- Use of a shared office system to ensure that we are able to limit environmental impacts by only using the office facilities when required, thereby ensuring that energy is not wasted through heating and lighting physical spaces which are underpopulated.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- We aim to offset the calculated emissions by supporting Global Portfolio VCS certified carbon reduction programmes across the world via a range of projects that include carbon avoidance, clean and renewable energy generation
- Liaise with building owners to investigate if buildings are on renewable energy tariffs. If not,discuss the options for switching to a renewable energy tariff. We aim to then report market-based emissions alongside your location based.
- Implement a Carbon Footprint Policy
- Liaise with employees working from home to set renewable energy tariffs
- Educate staff working from home/remotely on energy saving practices
- Reduce electricity consumption
- Reduce gas consumption
- Reduce heat consumption
- Reduce total waste production per person
- To achieve on site recycling rates
- Reduce in water usage
- Reduce Car parking permit number
- Increase staff sustainable transport usage
- Increase staff cycling usage
- Increase staff walking usage
- Embed the use of Net Positive Tool within the procurement process
- Cooperate with companies following reduction of Carbon/Sustainability
- Reduce number of Clean Air exemption
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).